Labels

Friday 21 June 2013

Need For Speed Most Wanted: a sad end to it all (NEED FOR SPEED IS DEAD)

2012's Most Wanted has to be one of the worst video games I have ever played, worse than the established front runners such as GT Racers, Enthusia and so on. With a dismal score of just 7 out of a possible 100, the Need For Speed series now occupies the top
three places on my list of the worst video games of all time. In fact, I ended up bored after 20 minutes (a new record) and, in just my first sitting with the game, I threw the case with the disk inside onto the floor and stamped on it. The case has suffered damage to the closing mechanism and now will not shut anymore. Furthermore, I have decided that, whilst I will still be publishing information about future releases, I will not be purchasing or reviewing any future Need For Speed game for the foreseeable future. The only thing that will change this situation is a radical change to the series. New developers, new technology, new direction for the series. This autumn, I will not be buying Need For Speed: Rivals as EA Games and Criterion have shown us, through the making of Most Wanted, that they have simply run out of ideas and cannot make anything new, as the game was 99% recycled components, either from The Run, Hot Pursuit or Burnout Paradise. Need For Speed died, in my eyes, in 2008, after Undercover left our shelves. Since then, we have subjected to a cash cow rather than products made for our enjoyment, with the VIP passes being the proof of that. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Need For Speed fan. It's just that all good things must come to an end, though the goodness ended years ago. So, Need For Speed, my childhood friend, goodbye.


Need For Speed (the good stuff)
1994-2008



The damaged case

No comments:

Post a Comment