Labels

Tuesday 6 August 2013

James Calado in Force India talks

James Calado is eyeing a few more outings for Force India following his impressive display at the Young Driver Test.
Having carried out a straightline test for the team earlier in the year, Calado was handed the driving duties at Silverstone last month and he made the most of the opportunity with some solid showings.
Now that he has had a taste of the action, he is hoping for more outings and his manager is already in talks with the team.
"Doing the Force India test was fantastic. It was amazing to get in a Formula One car," Calado told Sky Sports F1.
"I was getting evaluated by the team and I'd like to say I did a fantastic job!
"I got to grips with it quicker than I expected actually and was able to give good feedback.
"I can't hide we're having discussions with Force India. My manager Nicolas Todt is talking to them now, and it's hopefully likely that things will happen in the near future."
Calado would probably be the first to admit that he is unlikely to secure a race seat in 2014, but he is hoping to be involved in reserve driver duties and Friday practice sessions.
"Driving away from the track at Silverstone I was confident, I was pretty happy," he added.
"Then within a few days the team were ringing me up asking for more information, maybe a sim(ulator) work and things like that.
"So building up a relationship with the team now and hopefully we can do some more going forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment