Labels

Sunday 8 September 2013

Hamilton admits title is lost

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has admitted he is out of the fight for the world championship after finishing ninth in the Italian Grand Prix.
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel took his sixth victory of the year and is 81 points clear of Hamilton in third, with Ferrari's Fernando Alonso second.
"Obviously that's that for the championship," Hamilton said.
Asked to confirm he thought his chances were now over, he added: "I think it would be sensible to say yes."
Hamilton fought back up into the points after dropping almost to the back of the field following an early pit stop after he picked up a slow puncture.
A radio problem meant that stop took place at least three laps after it should have done and having to make it forced him onto a disadvantageous two-stop strategy.
Hamilton started 12th after making a mistake during the second part of qualifying, damaging his car and failing to get into the top 10 shoot-out - an error that led him to say he had driven "like an idiot".
"It was a difficult weekend," Hamilton said. "I'm ninth, and we should have been much further ahead. So [I'm] very disappointed with myself.
"I blew it in qualifying and it was impossible to catch up. The radio failed in the race and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I missed my pit stop by quite a few laps. It was a disaster of a weekend."

No comments:

Post a Comment